DefibraTech 1.0 technology applies to the production of fibrous pulp from lignocellulosic fibres from agricultural biomass (cereal straw) as well as to the production of composite boards of low and medium density. The use of an agricultural biomass, which is a quickly renewable raw material, absorbing CO2 during growth helps to reduce the carbon footprint of the final product.
The boards of low density serve as an insulator in the energy-efficient and pro-ecological construction industry. A high thermal capacity and a low heat transfer coefficient of the material provide protection of the buildings against overheating in the summer and excess cooling in the winter. Moreover, the material has a high capacity to protect against impact and airborne sounds, being therefore used as an acoustic insulator. Boards of medium density produced from fibrous pulp are used in furniture and packaging industries.
The essence of the invention lies in the way of manufacturing fibrous pulp, which are then used to produce the boards. Cereal straw is ground to a form of stems of 10 do 50 mm, which then undergo hydrothermal processing in a temperature below 50º C. A moist pulp is pumped in between the grinding discs of the defibring unit until single fibres appear, which are then squeezed by a screw press. The product is then scarified to receive a fibrous pulp, which at the end undergoes a drying process.
The innovative technology helps to decrease the energy consumption during the production process (in comparison to the production of fibrous pulp from wood) as the process requires less thermal energy to heat technological water and less electric energy in the defibring process. The use of quickly renewable waste raw materials and the reduction of the use of synthetic additives causes the composite board to become a product, which has a capacity of being fully reprocessed. Once used, the boards can be composted and are biodegradable.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SOLUTION:
- Use in the production process of quickly renewable agricultural biomass, absorbing CO2 during growth, which helps to reduce the carbon footprint of the final product.
- High thermal capacity and good insulation properties of the product cause it to be used in the energy-efficient and pro-ecological construction industry.
- Biodegradable, easy to reprocess after the end of product life cycle.
- Production technology protected by the European patent validated in Poland, Germany and France.
- Completed process of certification of the final product confirmed by the CE mark and DIN CERTCO Biobase certificate.