For wastewater treatment plants which seek to reduce the quantity of sludge they generate and to improve the quality of treated wastewater, we offer the innovative PROTE-MOS technology which optimises the biological wastewater treatment method. In contrast to other solutions available on the market, ex. sludge incineration or drying, this technology does not make it necessary to incur investment costs and does not require the reconstruction of the plant where it is used. It also ensures a decrease of at least 20% in the quantity of sewage sludge generated and a proportional reduction in the quantity of chemical reagents used, as well as improving the parameters of treated wastewater.
The Sludge Minimisation Technology PROTE-MOS meets the expectations of wastewater treatment plant operators. It enables the optimisation of the operation of wastewater treatment plants through the selection of site-specific and safe parameters of the technological process for each plant, without modifying its design assumptions. The application of the solution creates the conditions for microflora growth by intensifying the biological self-cleaning processes. Due to the modification of activated sludge, the microbiological diversity in the ecosystem of the wastewater treatment plant will increase. The technology enables a reduction of at least 20% in the quantity of sewage sludge generated and a proportional decrease in the quantity of chemical reagents used, reducing the sewage sludge management costs. PROTE-MOS is based on the biological method for sewage sludge reduction only, and therefore a completely environmentally sound solution.
The following is a general average of previously achieved results in past
projects utilizing PROTE-MOS technology:
– the quantity of sewage sludge has been reduced by 43.1%
– the quantity of chemical reagents has been reduced: PIX (ferric sulphate)
by 100%, polyelectrolytes by 23.4% and lime by 22.8%
– the parameters of treated wastewater have been improved to lower levels
than those required by the agglomeration-specific standards, including
a reduction in the quantity of nutrients in wastewater, ex. to 8.6 mg/L
for nitrogen (compared to the existing standard of 15 mg/L) and 0.5 mg/L
for phosphorus (compared to the existing standard of 2 mg/L) without
using ferric sulphate.
Advantages of the technology:
- A reduction of at least of 20% in the quantity of sewage sludge
- An improvement in the quality of wastewater treated through solely biological
- A decrease in the consumption of chemical reagents, including a complete
resignation from the application of ferric sulphate (PIX).
- No need to incur the technology implementation costs by the investor
- Savings are evident within the first month of using the PROTE-MOS technology.
- Higher resilience of the plant to hydraulic surges with variable pollution loads.