December 10th was the final deadline for submitting applications within the 8th edition of the GreenEvo – the Accelerator of Green Technologies programme. Among these the programme jury will choose a maximum of 20 new green technologies, which will receive support with respect to their transfer to foreign markets. The list of winners will be published in the 1st quarter of 2020.
In October 2019 the Ministry of Environment, now the Ministry of Climate accepted applications for the next GreenEvo edition. This time, the recruitment focused on green technologies from eight sectors:
- Renewable energy sources;
- Green technologies in the mining industry;
- Solutions supporting energy savings;
- Systems helping to monitor and gather information on natural environment;
- Technologies supporting climate protection;
- Technologies supporting waste management;
- Water and sewage technologies;
- Low-carbon transport technologies, electric vehicles and energy storage.
The last category – a novelty in the current edition of the programme – gained a large interest among the applicants, which showed that electromobility is an important and growing trend. GreenEvo has a lot to offer to innovative companies from the SME sector. In return these companies put their trust in the programme and appreciate its effectiveness. To prove it, it is enough to notice the fact that more than ⅕ of this year’s applications were submitted by the companies – winners of the previous editions.
At present the GreenEvo programme entered the next stage – formal and substantial evaluation of several applications, which will take until the beginning of 2020. During that time the jury will choose a maximum of 20 new winners – green technologies with the largest potential. The suppliers of these technologies will participate next year in the round of workshops and foreign economic missions.